Saturday, May 5, 2018, 4 p.m. Rocking H. Ranch, 2200 Ewell Rd. in Lakeland
The Kentucky Derby Day raises much-needed funds to support Catholic Charities programs in Polk County:
Agape Mission Markets feed children and families in key geographic areas of need in Polk County
The Family Stability Program serves the working poor who experience a crisis and are seeking financial assistance to remain in their homes
Lakeland Activity Center for Seniors provides a safe place for at-risk seniors in our community to participate in activities, get a hot lunch and socialize with others.
How can you help? Purchase tickets or become a sponsor.
Early Bird - $75 per person
At the door - $85 per person
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
CALL to become a SPONSOR or to RESERVE YOUR TABLE
For More information:
Needed for our Pantry! Please check that all items are not out of date. We thank you.
Canned Food Items,
including: Veggies (green beans, corn, etc.)
Fruit (peaches, pears, etc.)
Meat (tuna, chicken, etc.)
Dried Pasta, spaghetti, elbow macaroni, etc.
Soups (beef stew, chicken noodle, etc.)
Ethnic Foods (beans & rice, etc.)
Shelf Stable Milk
Polk County has the 3rd weakest hiring outlook in nation.
Financial skills taught by CCCF are more important than ever!
They depend on the influence of Christ in YOU! Resolve to Help our Neighbors in Need.
Catholic Charities of Central Florida offers five simple ways to lend a hand up:
- Volunteer in one of our food pantries, with a newly arrived refugee family, with the homeless at Pathways to Care, or with any one of Catholic Charities' many programs. Don't forget to log your hours to count towards the 50,000 Hours of Service Challenge. Contact our volunteer coordinator to learn more: email@example.com.
- Host a Food Drive to help keep our pantries full and feed hungry families in Central Florida. Contact your local Catholic Charities office for the most needed items.
- Donate to Catholic Charities by adopting a program to support.
- Attend one of our upcoming fundraiser events:
- Pray for the people we serve, Catholic Charities staff, and volunteers. Visit Acts of Prayer for prayer resources.
One of two West Region Offices is located to the right next to the St. Matthew's Regeneration's Building in Downtown Winter Haven.
This Office is located at 197 W. Central Avenue, Suite 2, Winter Haven, FL 33881
Telephone is (863) 299 - 7983
Hours are subject to change due to Diocesan meetings. You must call ahead for an appointment as various requirements must be met for assistance.
For Lakeland area residents, the other West Region Office is at 1801 E. Memorial Blvd., Lakeland, FL 33801.
Telephone: (863) 686-7153. Fax: (863) 683 - 5515.
The Catholic Charities food bank at St. Joseph, Winter Haven is behind the Chapel and the Family Life Center on the eastbound lane of Ave. M North West. Hours of Operation are 9:00 am to 11:00 am Monday through Thursday.
Catholic Charities of Central Florida began in Orlando in 1962 and today serves more than 10 counties in the state. Locations throughout Florida collaborate on local as well as statewide levels to provide a more capable and connected agency to meet the needs of families and individuals. Polk County, of which St. Joseph is a part, is one of the largest counties in Florida. Due to its central state location between Tampa and Orlando and proximity to Interstate 4 and Highway 27, it has seen an increase in permanent and transient populations in recent years.
Will you help us help them? For more information, see the link below: